Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Off and on the Needles

 Off the needles is this Hudson Bay inspired blanket. I made it larger than the baby version and with colours that will hopefully suit a pre-teen. I began this on January 4 and just wove the ends in last night. I'm already missing working on it, it was a fun relaxing knit. It is about 53w x 71l. It is pictured here getting a light blocking on my queen size bed.
 On  the needles(super tiny needles) I've never seen needles this small or worked with them. I'm going to try to make some tube socks with the yarn pictured below.
In the colour pictured(which I snagged from the internet) in Ocean. They only had 4 colours at Michael's and I would have tried the bright balloons but there was only one skein and since I'm a huge fan of turquoise I chose this colour. It is really nice and soft.

4 comments:

  1. Your Hudson Bay-inspired blanket looks great. I think the color choice is PERFECT!

    Love that sock yarn too. Let me know how you like those tiny needles. I tried them once, but because you still need dpns to finish the toe, I didn't buy them.

    If we fly alot this summer, I may go back and get them though. It seems like if you dropped it, it wouldn't roll to far (unlike the dpns).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee!!! I hope she loves the blanket.

      I really love these needles. I eventually want to use dpn's too. I want to be able to knit all socks.

      Delete
  2. That is an amazing finish> i love your blanket THat takes dedication to ONE project at a time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm hoping my niece likes it!

      Delete