Thursday, April 03, 2014

Happy Yarn Day

The Brava Bulky I ordered from Knit Picks arrived yesterday. I tried to find yarn locally but I couldn't get the colours I wanted. I needed a bright green, red, yellow and blue and they had exactly what I needed.

This yarn in Peapod, Red, Canary, Celestial, and Black is going to be knit into the Basic Stripes afghan.

My nephew loves these colours and this will be his Christmas present. I was going to do up another Hudson Bay blanket but instead of single chevron use the traditional garter stitch but I found this pattern and with the bulky yarn I know it will knit up super fast and I have at least one other I'd like to do with this pattern in a different colour combo for another gift so I thought this would work great and give me plenty of time to get other gifts done. I wonder if I'm the only one working on Christmas projects in April? ;)

Besides a little boy will maybe not be as gentle on a blanket so this should be nice and durable and for sure cozy. This will hopefully be on the needles soon. I've got a few WIP's that need to be finished before I start another large project.

4 comments:

  1. They look like PERFECT boy colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, they are his favorite colours

      Delete
  2. Just love that you are getting ahead with Knitting gifts for Christmas 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete